Startups that meet the following criteria are encouraged to submit an application for the program. Applicants should be…
- startups incorporated in Germany.
- active in the IT and Communication space, including software, hardware, Internet, mobile, wireless.
- independent and not corporate subsidiaries or spin-offs.
- having a business plan demonstrating potential for significant growth and international expansion.
- in a stage of their life-cycle that allows them to fully capture the value from participating in the program, in terms of leverage and accelerated growth.
Startups will be selected by a Steering Committee based on an evaluation of the following nine criteria:
- Overall concept: Does the company address a clear and large market need with an innovative solution?
- Market opportunity: Is the market size and opportunity large enough to make this a compelling business?
- Competitive landscape: Are there significant or dominant competitors? Has the company constructed strong differentiation and/or barriers to entry?
- Product execution: How much work from concept to current status? Smart engineering, good use of technology. Degree of product/market fit.
- Business execution: Partner deals. Customers. Distribution. A clear go-to-market strategy being executed and proving traction.
- Team: The right set of people, with the relevant experience and/or competences to make the business successful. Do they know what they don’t know?
- Business model: Revenue streams or customer acquisition model determined. Will it work in today’s market?
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Will the company be able to develop a Silicon Valley-like mindset and entrepreneurial culture?
- Program relevance: Does the company have a clear perspective on how it will benefit from the GSVA program, i.e. has it identified specific U.S. customers or a U.S. customer group?
Application Process and Schedule 2013
GSVA calls all qualifying startups to submit an application for the program. Company applications need to be received by the deadlines listed below.
Based on the selection criteria mentioned above, the Steering Committee selects the most promising finalists from the pool of all qualifying applicants. These finalists are invited to present their venture to the Committee in person – either in Berlin or in Munich.
There, the best finalists are selected and, within a matter of days, receive an official invitation to GSVA’s three-month acceleration program in Silicon Valley.
Programs start at the beginning of each quarter. The application deadline for Q3-2013 and Q4-2013 is February 28, 2013.
|Program Start||Application Deadline||Presentation & Selection|
|January 1, 2013||August 31, 2012||October 11, 2012 (Munich)|
|April 1, 2013||August 31, 2012||October 11, 2012 (Munich)|
|July 1, 2013||February 28, 2013||April 11, 2013 (Hamburg)|
|October 1, 2013||February 28, 2013||April 11, 2013 (Hamburg)|
|January 1, 2014||August 31, 2013||October 10, 2013 (Dusseldorf)|
|April 1, 2014||August 31, 2013||October 10, 2013 (Dusseldorf)|
Participating startups have the option to apply for a program extension of three months. The Steering Committee then decides on this extension, based on company performance in the program and future outlook.
- Clicking the “Apply Here” button below takes you to our application software site at gust.com
- Create an account and fill in your company profile
- Fill in all required fields marked with an asterix (*) to the best of your ability
- Fill in a “0” (zero) if field is not applicable to your company or you don’t know the answer
- Upload additional documents if desired and available
- Complete the form and submit application
- You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received
GSVA looks forward to receiving your application.