Advise. Connect. Empower.
Our mentors are at the core of everything we do. Experts and advisors challenge you and prepare your company to successfully enter the U.S. market. Optimize your business model, define a U.S. go-to-market-strategy, acquire customers and partners – based on your company’s needs, we’ll match you with the right mentors to guide you to international growth.
Our Mentors in Silicon Valley
- Founding and bootstrapping high-tech companies
- Bringing german companies to the Silicon Valley
- Currently at Apple
- Founder and CEO of metaio Inc. (acquired in 2015)
- Engineer at Volkswagen AG
- M.Sc. Engineering, TU-Munich
- Ph.D. Engineering, University of Magdeburg
Serial FinTech entrepreneur, Markus Ament, or Maex as he is known, has led many companies from early stage startups to global leaders, loved by thousands worldwide.
Maex currently sits as Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder of Taulia, and has transformed the company from an idea in 2009, to the market leading Financial Supply Chain company, connecting businesses to create a more efficient and profitable supply chain. With an enviable list of the of Fortune 500 clients and over 300 employees, Taulia has quickly become the recognized leader in the financial supply chain.
Stations prior to Taulia
- CTO and Board member ReadSoft Inc.
- Co-founder of Ebydos AG (sold 2006)
- Software engineer and Consultant SAP AG
- Enterprise Software / B2B
- All startup stages
- Sales, Product, Marketing
- Consulting Professor and Head of the Clean Slate Lab at Stanford University
- Co-founder and CTO of Voltage Security Inc.
- Named World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer
- CTO MIT TR100
- Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University
- Start-Ups, preferably in the B2B space including:
- Enterprise 2.0, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Cloud Infrastructure, including Compute, Network and Storage
Helping great teams build industry leading companies by helping them build great teams, help with strategy and execution.
- Serial entrepreneur having founded companies both in the US and Germany. Last company acquired by Blackberry in Sept 2015.
- PhD and MSc in computer science.
- Univ.Professor for computer science in Germany.
- Affiliated Professor at UC Berkeley.
- IT technology and architecture, in particular blockchain, security, frontend and backend infrastructure.
- Startup culture.
- Helping teams to grow, stay inspired and enjoy.
- EIR at Faurecia (automotive)
- Head of Busdev for gestigon (gesture control)
- COO of Lumo BodyTech (wearables)
- VP Engineering at Sonic Solutions / Roxio (consumer media)
- Executive roles at Broderbund, Electronic Arts, and IBM (consumer apps, games, enterprise)
- Angel Investor at Sand Hill Angels
- BS & MS Elec Eng Carnegie Mellon
- MS Management Stanford Business School
- Operational Planning
- Business/Financial Model
- Supply Chain
- Product/Market Fit
- Corporate Engagement
My passion is to bridge cultures (German/American, Engineering/Sales, Corporates/Startups) and to help build teams that can scale.
Most recently Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) at Adobe Systems, where he led internal Adobe startup teams to build new products and businesses.
Led several key consumer new product efforts for Adobe, such as: Photoshop.com, Premiere Express, and Photoshop Express, including award-winning Photoshop Express for iPhone and Android, attracting more than 50 million users. Led Adobe efforts to create new enterprise software product, LiveCycle Barcoded Forms; customers include the IRS, Charles Schwab, Citigroup, and dozens of global financial services companies and international and domestic government agencies.
A co-founder and executive team member at Garage Technology Ventures. Economics Editor and columnist for Forbes ASAP, the Forbes publication focused on the business of high technology. Baum is an advisor and mentor for the Kauffman Foundation.
BA and an MA from Stanford and an MS from UC Davis.
Comfortable at the earliest stages of company formation, working closely with founders to match technology and vision with markets and customers
- Internet and mobile (app) marketing and monetization
- International & business development
- VP Business Development & International @ Vungle
- Previously Co-founder of two start-ups in B2B Mentoring Focus
- User acquisition and app monetization
- B2B customer acquisition strategy and execution
- Business development and strategic deals
- International business expansion, with a particular focus on China, Japan & Korea Passion
- Expanding and building global companies
- Building great B2B and B2B2C companies around customer needs
For more than 20 years, Bruce has been contributing to innovative technology enterprises. His management experience spans the payments, e-commerce, retail, media, and education markets, with a particular emphasis on driving innovation through new product, business and international markets development. Bruce currently is the founder and CEO of WyshMe, and previously has held a number of senior executive position including as CEO of Plastic Jungle, SVP International and Business Development of Blackhawk Network, and CEO of Soliloquy Learning. Bruce began his career practicing law at Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati. He remains an active venture investor and sits on the advisory boards of several innovaPayments and e-Commerce Executivetive companies in the e-commerce and payments world.
- Director Corporate Communications at TriNet; NYSE: TNET (Human Resources Outsourcing for SMBs)
- Co-Founder ITUS Networks (Network Security)
- Director Global Communications at Dell SonicWALL (Network Security)
- Director Corporate Communications and Webmarketing at CallidusCloud (Sales Performance Management)
- Startup Advisor for ICON Smartech (Smart Home Automation) and What’sBumpin (College Social Network App)
- Country Manager & Team Leader at The Hoffman Agency (High-Tech PR Agency)
- Communications Consultant at EURO RSCG and Edelman (PR Agencies)
- Author of Non-Fiction Bestseller: “Public Relations – Die Besten Tricks der Medienprofis”
- A. History, Law, Political Sciences (Universities of Frankfurt/M., Konstanz, Bochum and Tours/France)
- Marketing Communications
- Crisis Communications
- Global Corporate Communications
- Social Media
- Analyst Relations
- Strategic Messaging and Positioning
- Customer Reference Management
Develop powerful marketing and communications strategies for small organizations, drive measurable results and support their business as they grow.
- EIR at SAP Labs LLC, Palo Alto.
- Serial Entrepreneur independently and at SAP for transformative Software Solutions across Consumer and Enterprise applications in Elastic Cloud, Natural Language Processing, Internet of Things, Distributed Team Collaboration, Mobile, B2B, B2C, B2B2C.
- BA Economics Freie Universität Berlin
- Team Mentor and VC Panelist at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Ignite! Program, that teaches innovators to formulate, develop, and commercialize their ideas.
- 2014 M2M Product of the Year Award
- 2014 IoT Excellence Award
- 2015 Chapter in Book “ Solving the Unsolvable: Smart Vending”: Plattner, Hasso, Leukert, Bernd, The In-Memory Revolution – How SAP HANA Enables Business of the Future, Springer International Publishing, April 2015
- Business Case & Market Definition
- Product Management, MVP
- Startup Setup
- Partner Eco Systems
- Trying to solve Innovator’s Dilemma
Being German and living in the bay Area for 8 years now, my passion is to bridge the not always obvious differences in culture e.g. German-American, Corporate – Startup, Engineering-Sales and to help teams build products that delight and scale.
- President & CEO of YES Partners (Global Executive Search)
- Management experience of organizations in Europe, Asia and North America (270 staff)
- Country-Managing Director (President) in USA (NY, NJ, CA), Japan, Korea, and the U.K.
- Head of startup and operation of projects inside Hewlett-Packard (HP) in Germany
- MBA and also Executive Education at International Business School at IMD (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Degree from the German Chamber of Commerce
- Lecturer at UC Berkeley and DeVry University on International Business
- Board/Director of a US Medical Device Company bioXhena (www.biozhena.com)
- Advisor to US-Startup and UK-Startup.
- Since 10+ years Presenter on US-Marketentry Strategies in Europe (Germany)
- Recruiting & finding the right people (USA & globally)
- Building startup teams
- Cultural Differences in International Business
- Since 10+ years helping companies build their (Startup)- and international Teams.
- Helping European (mainly German) & Asian Companies with their market entry strategies for USA
- Helping Companies by recruiting for them their (example) Head/President USA, Head Marketing & Head Sales
- CEO & Founding Partner vTricity
- XPRIZE Vanguard XPRIZE Foundation
- Advisory Board Member, CalWave Power Technologies
- Strategic Advisor KinderEnergy
- Vice President Experience Design & Innovation, SAP Global Marketing
- Corporate Consulting Team, Design Services Team, SAP Office of the CEO
- Mentor at Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford
- Motorola Research Visionary Board Member
- Serial Entrepreneur Germany/USA, 17 years in Silicon Valley
- 28 patents issued to date
- MS Aerospace Engineering, TU Munich
- Fast-Track Design Thinking
- Enterprise Scale Business Processes, Business Models and Cloud Applications
- Intellectual Property Excellence
- Helping entrepreneurs succeed
- Helping kids, teens and the environment
- High-impact innovation
- Cutting edge technologies
- Mobile and wireless industry expert
- Solid technical background in digital signal processing, IC design, processor architectures, SW development tools, telecommunications and multimedia systems
- Early-stage start-up expert: Business plans, funding strategies, venture capital raise
- International leadership experience (Switzerland, France, Germany, UK, Finland)
- Proficient in building multi-cultural technical and business teams
- Education: MIT, Cornell University, AT&T School of Business
- Dual-nationality: United States, Switzerland
- Wireless Communications (GSM, CDMA, LTE, WiFi, WiMAX, etc.)
- Mobile applications, Imaging, Telecommunications,Semiconductors
- Global Startups!
Nathan Gold, also known as The Demo Coach, hails from the San Francisco where he spends his days coaching people around the world on how to prepare for high-stakes presentations through workshops, keynotes, and 1:1 sessions both in person and online. Gold has personally delivered over 15,000 presentations and 12,000+ hours of professional coaching and training. He has worked with all types of companies on designing, scripting and delivering more compelling and memorable presentations. He is an Industry Fellow at the UC Berkeley Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology, a guest lecturer and pitch coach at Wharton Entrepreneurship, is featured on Kauffman Founders School and he is a published author.
Stefan Groschupf is a big data veteran and serial entrepreneur with strong roots in the open source community. He was one of the very few early contributors to Nutch, the open source project that spun out Hadoop, which 10 years later, is considered a 20 billion dollar business. Open source technologies designed and coded by Stefan can be found running in all 20 of the Fortune 20 companies in the world, and innovative open source technologies like Kafka, Storm, Katta and Spark, all rely on technology Stefan designed more than a half decade ago. In 2003, Groschupf was named one of the most innovative Germans under 30 by Stern Magazine.
In 2013, Fast Company named Datameer, one of the most innovative companies in the world. Stefan is currently CEO and Chairman of Datameer, the company he co-founded in 2009 after several years of architecting and implementing distributed big data analytic systems for companies like Apple, EMI Music, Hoffmann La Roche, AT&T, the European Union, and others. After two years in the market, Datameer was commercially deployed in more than 30% of the Fortune 20.Stefan is a frequent conference speaker, contributor to industry publications and books, holds patents and is advising a set of startups on product, scale and operations.
- Product and Market Development
- Business Model
- Co-Founder, German Accelerator Inc.
- Founder of Bed|n|Build and One49Labs LLC
- Co-Chair for Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital, German-American Business Association
- Co-Founder & CMO of SnipClip GmbH
- Founder and Facilitator, the Founder Institute Berlin
- Corporate experience at HP, Siemens and Merck
- M.Sc., Karlstad University, Sweden
- Entrepreneruship in Germany vs. the U.S.
- Customer Development and Validation
- U.S. startup culture and ecosystem
- Building bridges across the Atlantic to foster entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Joining a German startup that has the potential to become a global category leader.
- 15 years with SAP, recently started my own company
- Worked in innovation areas in large enterprise; building tech communities intern and external of SAP with thousands of developers on topics such as business intelligence, gamification, mobile development, innovation, in-memory database, robotics
- Mentoring startups and large companies
- Gamification, Innovation Thinking
- Likes all odd, artful and inspiring things; trades in innovation and gamification
ExperienceSr. Director Cloud Innovation Lab at Samsung Electronics America Director Product Management Search, Advertising & Context Services at Research In Motion Director, Product Management Advanced Research & LBS at Research In Motion, Inc. Director, Platform Product Management at Research In Motion Director, Cloud and Sun Web Presence at Sun Microsystems Mentoring Focus: Web strategy, eCommerce, web infrastructure, product marketing, project management, portfolio management, mobile application product management, user experience design, communications, Six Sigma, Cloud Computing, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Growth Marketing
- Managing Partner at PolyTechnos, Co-Founder and Investor
- Partner at Cartagena Capital
- Partner at Baring Private Equity Partners
- Procter & Gamble, Siemens
- Dipl. Ing./M.Sc., Dortmund
- MBA, University of Michigan
- Fundraising preparation
- Corporate strategy
- Helping German start-ups to grow into global companies
Jawed grew up in Germany. He co-founded YouTube to enable individuals worldwide to broadcast themselves. Prior to YouTube, he was one of the first engineers at PayPal. Jawed holds a BS in computer science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and an MS in computer science from Stanford University.
Jack of all trades
Technology, German-American exchange of people and ideas
Mr. Keating is currently executive chairman of Reel Solar Inc. (China), a board member at Innovus Power(Micro-grid controls) and Seebright Inc., a provider of augmented reality software and head-mounted displays. Mr. Keating has served on the Board and as an executive in renewable energy at Skyline Solar (chairman), SolFocus, AQT and SunModular (acquired by Nano Solar) which, as a group, have raised over $300 million. Mr. Keating was Chairman of ZVUE (NASDAQ ZVUE), a provider of online music services, Chief Executive Officer of Xtend Networks, a division of Vyyo, Inc. (NASDAQ VYYO), a provider of cable television multimedia service bandwidth solutions. Mr. Keating is a founding member of Nekei, a venture catalyst consulting company formed in 2002, and is a 35-year veteran of the technology industry. A number of business ventures for which Mr. Keating helped to arrange funding have either gone public or have been successfully acquired. Examples include Moxi Digital, COO, (sold to Paul Allen in 2002) and WebTV, EVP, (sold to Microsoft in 1997). In addition, from 1997 to 2000, Mr. Keating was General Manager of Microsoft TV, a division of Microsoftthat provided broadband middleware for worldwide cable, telco and satellite television. From 1993 to 1996, Mr. Keating was Senior Vice President at General Magic (NASDAQ GMGC), a worldwide supplier of PDAs and intelligent online services. Previously, Mr. Keating was Vice President and General Manager at Rational Software, a leading supplier of software development tools. From 1985 to 1991, he was Director of Technology Marketing at Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ SUNW), a leading supplier of workstations, servers and enterprise software platforms. Prior to that Mr. Keating served in marketing and management roles at startup software, computer and networking companies in Silicon Valley including; Zentec (NASDAQ ZNTC), Icot, Breagen, and Plexus.
- CEO, director ViaLogy plc. Restructured and lead this signal processing company to go public in London.
- Founder, General Partner, First Ventury AG, a Heidelberg venture capital firm.
- Founder, CFO n4fx.com, a California Internet customer relationship solutions company.
- Vorsitzender der Geschaeftsfuehrung, American Express Bank GmbH, Frankfurt
- Managing Director, Financial ProFormas Inc, a California risk analytics software company.
- Managed its sale to Moody’s Investor Services.
- Chief of Party, USAID, Tallinn, Estonia. Managed a team that restructured and privatized over 100 state owned enterprises
- Filial Direktor, Deutsche Bank Ludwigshafen and Berlin.
- Senior Vice President, Branch Manager, Commerzbank branch in Chicago.
- Vice President, U.S. Corporate Director, Berliner Handels u. Frankfurter Bank branch in New York
- BA, MBA University of Southern California
- US and Irish dual national
- Business plan refocus and preparation
- Fundraising preparation
- Corporate strategy
- To assist foreign entrepreneurs succeed worldwide
L. Jasmine Kim is an innovative builder of brands and businesses that bring value to consumers around the world. She has extensive and broad experience in consumer Internet media and commerce, having worked in consumer package goods, luxury, and hospitality, and service industries for more than 20 years. She is, at her core, a marketer, but one who has held leadership roles in marketing, product management, sales development, and business development that has led to general management roles in the past 10 years. She is a results oriented leader who has created and scaled multiple consumer and media/e-commerce businesses to profitability worldwide, with such storied brand companies as Oil of Olay/Procter & Gamble, LVMH, Yahoo!, BabyCenter/Johnson & Johnson, IDEO, and Hotwire/Expedia.
For her academics, she received her B.A. in Art History & Economics from Wellesley College, and her M.B.A from UCLA Anderson School of Management. She has also attended M.I.T. and UCLA Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Planning to study urban planning and architectural history.
Jasmine has provided numerous advisory consult on a range of businesses and often speaks on panels to foster dialogue in the media/marketing industries, with focus on innovation and customer experience. She is on the Board of Cairn, an early stage subscription box company for the outdoor category, and an advisor to Volta Industries, an outdoor media/electrical vehicle charging company.
In addition to her career pursuits, Jasmine is actively involved in the San Francisco community and currently serves as a Trustee of the San Francisco Park Alliance and is an active member of the a+d forum of San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. She lives in San Francisco with her family.
- Direct to consumer content/media and commerce
- focus on marketing, product, business development, and sales disciplines
- luxury good, consumer goods and services, hospitality, and health &wellness industries
- extensive leadership and scaling organization mentoring
- Thought partnering with young companies to turn their ideas into human centered design products and companies.
- Helping ongoing concerns with innovation in new products, new markets/consumers.
- Passionate about leadership, human centered design.
- Author of The Startup Pitch: A Proven Formula to Win Funding
- Author of Be Heard: Why Some People are Convincing – And Others Aren’t [forthcoming] Instructor at Santa Clara University
- Leavey School of Business
- Pitch Coach at Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Co-founder of Stanford Leaders in Communication (persuasion)
- B.S. Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley
- Product Marketing
- High-Stakes Communication
My passion is to help others achieve world impact through effective communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Co-Founder / Chief Marketing Officer at Palo Alto Scientific – AI platform for predictive/prescriptive sport science analytics
- Co-Founding Member / Venture Advisor & Strategy Consultant at ACTIONspot – San Jose startup accelerator / incubator focused on data science-centric startups
- Global Startup Advisor & Mentor to Silicon Valley startup accelerators / incubators (Highway1, ReadWrite Labs, TechCode Accelerator, Hanhai Investment, Taiwan Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center, Global K-Startup Silicon Valley & Santa Clara University Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
- Executive Director of Business Development & Entrepreneurship / Senior BoD at CASPA (Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association)
- Senior Member IEEE & Executive Committee Member at IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Santa Clara Valley (Past Chair of Consumer Electronics Society, Board Member of Women in Engineering, Committee Member of Corporate Liason Program)
- Former Vice President of Business Development at Focus Product Design – all aspects of product design: Industrial Design, Mechanical Design, Electrical Design & Design For Manufacturablity
- 22 years in Silicon Valley semiconductor industries (NXP, Infineon, Toshiba, Winbond, Cypress, Xilinx)
- Advisory Board Member at C-Suite Network, BWG Strategy, Santa Clara University & UCSC Extension Silicon Valley
- S. Electrical Engineering, Santa Clara University
- Business Development, Marketing & Sales (B2B & B2C business models)
- Semiconductors (Digital, Mixed-Signal, Analog)
- IoT, Wearable Technology, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence
- Disrupt the status quo
- Build sustainable businesses
- Develop enduring strategic partnerships
- Enable startup founding team and company success
- Deliver bottom line results (revenue, profitability and market share)
- Founder of OnCircle, Inc. – developing Gbox
- Founder of ENTARENA, Inc.
- Co-founder Financial Times Deutschland
- Co-CEO and a major shareholder of Forbatec GmbH: sold out to SunGard
- COO of SunGard’s technology group
- Raised +$10M in early stage and growth capital
- Ph.D. in Economics of EBS Business School and University (Germany)
- Digital Media
- Enterprise 2.0 & Content Management
- Internet business models
- Develop compelling value propositions
- Create convincing investor information & pitches
- Build intriguing & sticky software products
ExperienceInvestor/board member/advisor with Keller-Sports, Fox Corporate Finance, HPE Growth Capital, adressermittlung.de, outdooractive.com, movingimage24.de et.al. Board Member Computec Media AG.
Priorowner of RISER ID Services (acquired by DeutschePostAdress), Co-founder/CEO of Scout24 Holding (acquired by Deutsche Telekom), biz angel alando.de (acquired by Ebay) and corpcom (acquired by Balderton Capital)
PriorMcKinsey&Co, Procter&Gamble, University of Germany
Mentoring FocusStrategy, Positioning, Branding, Internationalization, Financing
Build companies, establish new brands, disrupt inefficient markets, create lasting networks
- Large European multinational corporation: manager software development, head of product marketing
- Silicon Valley mid-size company: VP Europe, CEO
- Start-ups: founder, CEO
- Start-up mechanics, team building, management mentoring, corporate culture, entrepreneurship
- Business strategy, sales and marketing strategy and implementation, brand & identity
- Financing, venture capital
- Foster agile teams
- Help establish corporate culture reflective of company values
- Convey tools, techniques and best practices
- Veteran of several startups
- Advisor to several young companies and serves on the Board of Vancouver-based portal company The Level
- Helped global expansion of the Society of Kauffman Fellows – a network of venture capitalists and entrepreneurs operating in 50 countries
- Held lead product management and alliance roles at SAP and Borland Software
- CEO of the Java performance company Optimizeit, which grew to thousands of customers before being acquired
- Worked with Guy Kawasaki at Garage Ventures and led original investment in Pandora
- Worked with a range of technology firms as a consultant with Andersen/Accenture and Arthur D. Little
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon, MBA from Yale
- Most at home in the product-market crossfire – championing customers and collaborating with fearless, inspired engineers, marketing and sales teams
- Head of Product Management, G Suite, Google
- Product Lead, Commerce Platform, Google
- Head of Technology Partnerships, Mobile Commerce, Google
- Director, Product Management, Android Smartphone Group, Motorola
- Group Product Manager, Good Technology
- Software Design Engineer, Microsoft
- Technology Commissioner, City of Cupertino
- MBA, Corporate strategy and marketing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- MS, Computer Science, SUNY, Stony Brook
- BE, Computer Science, Pune Institute of Computer Technology, India
- Product management and strategy
- Market entry analysis
- Building partnerships
- Mobile apps, mobile commerce, Android
- Education, mentoring children, building communities
- Advisor at WeVideo: Key milestones: $19.2 Series A , Deals with Google, You Tube and Disney; Key US hires in engineering, sales amd marketing
- Member of Innovation Capital
- Board Member at Rasna
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Economic Systems from Stanford University
- MSME in Thermal Hydraulics from MIT
- BSME in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University
- Venture Capital
- Decision Analysis
- Strategy, Development and Execution in wireless technology/services
- Product Lifecycle Management, Mobile Apps and Technology, Marketing
- Co-Founder, CSO, CEO, President at AppCentral
- Founder & CEO at Adjectivity
- Board Member at BMIC
- Strategy, Development and Execution in wireless technology/services
- Product lifecycle management: product strategy, development, marketing and testing
- Leadership coaching for startup founders
- President & COO, Touch of Modern: Event-based mobile eCommerce targeting male millennials
- SVP/GM, GetInsured: Creation of direct-to-consumer & SaaS health insurance marketplace under Affordable Care Act
- VP/GM, Dealix: Turnaround of online automotive marketplace
- GM, Yahoo! Personals: 1st commercially successful global social network
- Group Business Manager, Vodafone: 1st mobile app store across Europe
- Country Manager, Amazon: Introduction of eCommerce in German-speaking countries
- Finding the best product-market fit
- Choosing the right business model
- Marrying strategy and operational plans
- Building effective teams and positioning them for success
- Bridging cultural differences
- CMO Seebright | Augmented Reality
- Co-Founder Praevidi | Virtual Reality + IOT
- Advisory Board Sixense Entertainment | Virtual Reality
- Crowdsourcing/Crowdfunding/Fundraising Speaker & Consultant
- CMO Tagaboom | Mobile/Cloud Media Annotation
- CMO Virtuix | Virtual Reality
- Director, Product Marketing SixDI | Online Social Application Development
- Sr. Manager, Product Management & Marketing Advanced Micro Devices
- Manager, Strategic Planning, Raytheon
- Doctoral Coursework in Quantitative Marketing Science, The University of Texas at Dallas
- Masters, Finance, University of Texas at Dallas
- BA With Honors, The University of Chicago
- Mathematics & Computer Science Coursework, Harvard University & Kent State University
- Full Spectrum Marketing
- Crowdfunding & Fundraising Marketing
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/Mobile App Development/Gaming/Consumer Cloud
- Product Innovation/Development/Management
- Technology Startup Formation/Best Practices
- 30 years experience in engineering, marketing, and general management
- understanding of high-technology companies based on the school of hard knocks
- Vice President of product marketing for RightPoint Software (acquired by E.piphany), a provider of real-time personalization solutions
- several positions at Red Brick (including an IPO as Director of Product Marketing), Informix, Sun and Hewlett-Packard
- Mobile, Digital Media, SaaS, Web Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing
- CDN, Business Analytics, Enterprise Software, Entrepreneurship, Business Plan Development
- working knowledge and a fledgling intuition in the clean-tech segment
- trend detection and identifying structural shifts is a hobby
- Organizational Development at Twist Consulting
- Investor Relations, Start-up Development at MPM Capital
- Certified executive coach
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Communication from Northeastern University, MA in Counseling Psychology from Webster University, Geneva
- Author of several leadership development programs for organizations and their universities
- Personalized 360 feedback, MBTI certified
Over two decades’ track-record of accomplishments across the entire high-tech food-chain – from microprocessors, to large computer systems, to complex Big Data Analytics enterprise software.
- Director Global Business Development, Big Data – Dell, Inc.
- CEO/Co-founder – Kitenga, Inc. (acquired by Dell)
- President – Backflip Software
- CMO – LucidWorks, Levanta
- SVP Mktg & Biz Dev – Amdocs, XACCT Technologies (acquired by Amdocs)
- Product Mgmt/Mktg – Netopia, Sun Microsystems, National Semiconductors, Zilog
Mentoring FocusGo-to-market (market validation, positioning, launch, sales channels, strategic alliances…)
PassionWorking with brilliant entrepreneurs to bring category-defining products/solutions to market
- Senior Architect at Hewlett Packard
- Member of the Board of Directors at NobleGen Biosciences, Inc.
- Board Member at Hemacon GMBH
- CTO at Raritan Computers
- Founder, CEO at Arula Systems
- Cloud technologies
- VP, Business Development, Scientific Revenue. Machine Learning start-up focused on dynamic pricing for mobile games and digital entertainment.
- Founder and advisor, BigBlueDocs. Start-up focused on transforming standardized legal forms into smart web forms.
- SVP, Sales & Marketing, Trilibis Mobile. First business hire. Built GTM strategy and built team for mobile publishing business serving global brands, media companies, wireless carriers and enterprises. Pivoted company to enable enterprise CMS solution.
- SVP, Sales & Marketing, Jumbuck. Head of global sales and marketing for publicly traded Australian mobile social applications provider distributed across over 100 wireless carriers.
- VP, Business Development, Enpocket (acquired by Nokia). Head of Content and Communities partnerships for mobile advertising and messaging firm.
- VP, Business Development, Landmat (acquired by Enpocket). Led market entry for Icelandic mobile applications company into U.S.
- Vodafone. Multiple positions in marketing, business development and product development. Managed content strategy for early days mobile web portal. Developed first SMS solution for CDMA network in U.S.
- MBA, Marketing, University of Southern California
- B.A., International Relations and Economics, U.C. Davis
- Business and Marketing Strategy in early stage companies using technology to solve problems in established markets with entrenched participants, with particular focus on media, enterprise, video games and wireless carriers.
- Go-to-Market strategy planning
- Business Development and sales strategy
- Early stage marketing – getting the message right and positioning
- Helping founders get to product and market fit, and establishing the foundation to accelerate growth
- Creating market awareness for new products and ideas
- Building teams to succeed.
- Principal TIBURON Consulting LLC
- Board Member and Chair Software IG, GABA German American Business Association
- Regional Contact TeleTrusT, IT-Security Association Germany
- Business Development North America, T?V Informationstechnik, Germany
- Corporate experience at Olivetti, WANG, Sun Microsystems, T-Systems
- Business Development
- Direct and Indirect Sales Channels Management
- Technology Partnerships
- Relations & Alliance Management
Advising startups and growth companies in the European Information and Technology Services sector on how to expand into US markets with a focus on BizDev and Sales.
- Managing Partner of Atacama Ventures – Venture Capital
- Founding CEO and Board member of Semiconductor Company with Wafer FAB – CEITEC SA
- $350M+ Investment
- 6” Wafer FAB
- 200+ employees
- 100 chip designers
- CEO+ President of SOISIC SA / Inc.
- Venture Funded SOI Semiconductor technology company
- Strategic relationships with Major Foundries (UMC, IBM, Freescale, TSMC)
- acquired by ARM LTD
- VP Business Development Virage Logic
- NASDAQ listed Semiconductor technology company
- Acquired by Synopsys
- VP Worldwide Sales + Divisional Officer Artisan Components
- NASDAQ listed Semiconductor technology company
- Acquired by ARM Ltd.
- Helped building, growing and internationalizing more than 6 startups from beginning to venture funding, NASDAQ and acquisition exits.
- Electronics, Semiconductors, EDA Software, Hardware.
- Business planing, Strategies, Funding, Partnerships
- Building Teams, Globally Scaling, building and deploying worldwide sales, marketing and support channels.
- Sailing, Flying
Broad and deep executive and investment experience across the technology spectrum – from embedded systems, systems software, big data, deep learning, SaaS solutions and mobile.
Served on multiple boards with 4 transactions including private to private and private to public. Specialize in solving gnarly operational problems based on real world data, understanding of technology tectonics, and customer driven insights.
Led and participated in fund raising efforts for numerous companies. As CEO and Founder of Fireclick raised successive up rounds (through Series C) ultimately exiting through acquisition by a public company.
Negotiated over 100 win-win partnership/BD agreements and strategic alliances across multiple sectors.
Building a company with lasting value for its customers, employees and all shareholders with creative insight.
Have a ground up understanding of high-technology companies based on pragmatism by virtue of launching products to IT/Consumer audiences for over a decade.
30 years experience in engineering, marketing, and general management
understanding of high-technology companies based on the school of hard knocks
Vice President of product marketing for RightPoint Software (acquired by E.piphany), a provider of real-time personalization solutions
several positions at Red Brick (including an IPO as Director of Product Marketing), Informix, Sun and Hewlett-Packard
Mobile, Digital Media, SaaS, Web Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing
CDN, Business Analytics, Enterprise Software, Entrepreneurship, Business Plan Development
working knowledge and a fledgling intuition in the clean-tech segment
trend detection and identifying structural shifts is a hobby
Our Mentors in New York
Leif is Partner at Prehype, a venture development firm in New York City. He creates new digital products and companies together with corporations and start-ups. Leif also serves as Director, Product Experience for Bark&Co, mentor at startup accelerators Rock Health, Urban. Us and Google’s 30 Weeks and teaches product innovation at the Miami Ad School.
Leif co-founded Pay with a Tweet, a social payment system that lets people sell and buy stuff for the price of a Tweet. In 2013, Pay with a Tweet got acquired by HanseVentures, Germany. He authored the the books “Madison Valley” and “Oh My God What Happened And What Should I Do?” that sold more than 300k copies for the price of a tweet.
Before that he was CD, Product Experience at West Studios in San Francisco. A hybrid of startup accelerator and marketing agency that helps tech companies like Jawbone and Rdio grow. He was also a Creative Director at R/GA in New York and worked at CP+B and Jung von Matt in Germany. Leif has won over 150 awards, including two Cannes Lion Grand Prix and a MTV Music Award. In 2011, AdWeek named him one of the “top creative minds in digital.”
- Cyber Security
- Go-to-Market Strategy & Execution
- Early Stage Companies
- CEO, Balyo Inc.
- Office of the President, Yotta Data Sciences
- Advisor, Triana Group
- Managing Director, Santander Investments
- Marketing Manager, IBM
- MBA, Finance, NYU
- MSc Yale University
- MSc Engineering Ecole des Mines (France)
- Business Plan
- Business to Business Strategy & Development
- Technology Introduction
Sharing the U.S. business culture with entrepreneurs and achieving business goals.
Creating the infamous “win-win” situation between a young company and its clients or with larger partners.
- Former CEO & Co-founder Germany-based iPharro Media
- Former Head of Biz Dev & Co-founder, NY-based Ganxy
- Tech and innovation advisor to large German companies and organizations
- Formerly at MTV, Bertelsmann, Merrill Lynch
- Princeton BA, NYU MBA
- Laying the right foundation in early-stage companies
- Rapid growth with minimal resource commitment
- International business expansion
- Prospecting, business development, Deal structuring and closing
- Crafting direct & potent marketing and messaging
- US vs Germany cultural differences
- Team inspiration
- Helping others succeed
- Always learning; always acquiring new skills
- Coming across new and interesting people and ideas
- Brand Strategy
- Strategic Partnerships
- Presentation Training
- Media Training
- Thought Leadership Development
- Marketing Tech Partnerships
- Sales Strategy
- Co-founder of Broadtexter Mobile and Regal Digital LLC
- Director of Mobile Entertainment, Tatango
- Director of Business Development, Plethora Mobile (A Mobile DSP)
- Writer for BMG Music
- Writer for Future Hits/Spirit Music Group
- BFA, Berklee College of Music
- Corporate strategy
- Team building
- Business development
Helping teams to move past what is holding them back and successfully move to the next level of business.
Dominik is one of the most successful German media executives in North America. He currently serves as the managing director and publisher of WatchTime, America’s leading luxury watch magazine with more than 600,000 monthly readers and one of the world’s fastest-growing media platforms for affluent watch collectors.
Under Dominik’s direction WatchTime launched new editions on three continents, became the world’s leading watch magazine on tablets and its digital audience grew by more than 600 percent within three years. For this rapid growth the team was honored with numerous awards and nominations, among them two Folio Fame Awards, a SmartCEO Future 50 Award, an Apex Award and three Digital Magazine Award nominations.
Prior to working with WatchTime Dominik was a director at IDG, the world’s leading IT and technology media company, where he was responsible for the digital consumer business in Germany. His team won the company’s best practice award. Dominik began his career as an editorial trainee at Burda, a top 5 media company in Germany, where he eventually became an editor-in-chief for content marketing and corporate publishing.
- Media Relations & PR
- Internal Communication
- Business Plan Optimization
- Growth Management
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
Dominik is a board member of the Rotary Club of New York where he has been honored with two Paul Harris Fellowships for his philanthropic achievements. He is a young associate of the New York Metropolitan Opera, a patron of the Richard Wagner Society and a member of the Bayreuth Opera Festival network. He also enjoys supporting the Chelsea Music Festival and the Chelsea Symphony Orchestra. Prior to relocating to New York (in 2011) he was a board member of the German Journalists Association and a workgroup member of the German Publishers Association as well as a workgroup member of the Industry Association for IT and Telco companies. Dominik is an art collector with a focus on contemporary and modern art, a fan of non-fiction literature and digital magazines, he also likes classical music, jazz and Italian cuisine.
- Multi-Channel Growth Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Finance & Fundraising
Samer is founder & CEO of Zeel Massage On Demand®, a technology-enabled same-day, in-home wellness services company, whose first offering delivers massage to your doorstep in as little as an hour.
Samer is also an entrepreneur-in-residence at Lightspeed Venture Partners, which he joined in January 2010. He first became interested in home delivery services in 2008 as an investor and board member of Dotmenu, the campus food delivery service, which was sold to GrubHub in August 2011. Prior to that, Samer Hamadeh was co-founder and CEO of Vault.com, the most trusted name in career information, which was sold in October 2007 to Veronis Suhler Stevenson, a New York-based media-and-communications private-equity firm. Before co-founding Vault, Samer was an associate at the Los Angeles management consulting firm LEK Consulting, where he focused on corporate and business strategy. Prior to that, Samer co-founded and managed a customized-textbook printing company, worked at the Chevron Corporation, and co-authored The Internship Bible and America’s Top Internships (Random House/Princeton Review).
Samer sits on the board of the non-profit PeaceWorks Foundation and is a board observer, angel investor, and/or advisor in nearly two dozen early-stage companies, including Directly.com and PublicStuff. Samer is also a mentor at several accelerators, including Blueprint Health, NYCSeedStart, and First Growth Venture Network, as well as a member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO)’s NY Metro chapter.
A David Rockefeller Fellow, Samer holds a BS in chemistry and an MS in chemical engineering from Stanford University.
- Early Engineer, PM, and Data Insights at Instagram
- Product Manager at Google for Chrome, AdSense
- Lead Analyst at Hasso Plattner Ventures (Berlin)
- BS Computer Science, Stanford University
- Product analytics, data engineering
- Product design
- Management coaching
Helping teams build laser-focused, polished products using data insights & a solid approach to design and engineering quality.
Sabrina Horn is the founder, president and CEO of the Horn Group, Inc., a digital-communications agency that combines public relations, social and interactive services to help companies in the technology, digital media and consumer markets. She started the Horn Group in 1991 with the vision to build a communications agency that would break new ground in technology markets, employment practices and client service. Today she continues to guide the firm1s evergreen mission and values, overseeing operations, business strategy and development, and providing counsel to clients.Sabrina has established herself as a PR thought-leader, working hard to increase industry awareness by serving on the boards of the Council of PR Firms and the Software Industry Information Association. She has also promoted innovation and education by authoring several research papers, including “Public Relations for Emerging Growth Technology Companies” and “Advertising in the People’s Republic of China.” To help to promote female entrepreneurship, she has been involved with Astia, and served on the advisory board for the group. She is also on the advisory board for Illuminate Ventures, a venture capital firm run by a woman that aspires to fund primarily female entrepreneurs and their new companies, as well as AirPR.com, and The Jordan, Edmiston Group (JEGI), an investment bank.
- Helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses through digital communications programs (public relations, digital marketing etc.)
- Launching and growing a client-service focused company
- Helping entrepreneurs
- Innovative digital communications practices
- Mentoring young people interested in careers in communications
- Sharing ideas on achieving work-life balance, especially for entrepreneurs with families
Christian Jorg is CEO of Opentopic, a SaaS company based in New York, his third start-up. He has long been a leader in the media business and a pioneer in digital media and founded the New Technologies group for Bertelsmann AG/BMG Entertainment in the ’90s. Since then he has been a senior executive at Imax Corporation and started his own independent record label as CEO and co-Founder of E-Magine Entertainment.
In 2005 he joined Acotel Interactive as EVP, Entertainment as part of the start-up team and helped develop it into one of the world’s leading direct to consumer mobile entertainment companies with over $100 million in revenue. He’s also held senior positions at Gerson, Lehrman Group and Universal Music and was named one of the Top Ten Mobile Executives for 2008 by Billboard Magazine. Besides his role at Opentopic he is on a number of Advisory Boards and Boards of Directors.
Christian holds an MBA in Marketing from the Columbia University Graduate School of Business, New York, USA. He is based in New York.
Daphne Kis is a leader in global technology, venture and entrepreneurial circles with nearly thirty years of expertise taking early stage entrepreneurial ideas through many phases of raising capital, business development, and clarifying and executing on strategy. With a solid track record of successful implementations, Kis combines high-level strategic thinking about industry trends with extensive operational experience. Her areas of interest and expertise include education technology, digital health, and content media. She is committed to supporting women in leadership roles and serves as equity advisor to several women-led companies, regularly coaching startups through WIM, ERA and Springboard Enterprises (where she also serves on the board of its Technology and Media Council), and is a managing director at Golden Seeds, one of the nation’s most active angel group. Another of Kis’s keen interests is international entrepreneurship. She has led workshops on angel investing and entrepreneurship in Tunis, Alexandria, Cairo, and Toronto, and has spoken on the topic to visiting delegations from the Baltic nations, Western Europe and Turkey.
In recent years, Kis has served as a thought partner and strategy advisor to several organizations and companies including the Markle Foundation, Startl, Sharethis.com, ContentNext Media, The Grommet, Cerego, Against All Odds Productions and Women in Media, Inc. amongst others. She currently serves on the boards of Filmbuff, Hitfix, and Young Audiences Arts for Learning, a national affiliate network that serves over five million children across the U.S. Prior to its acquisition by CNET Networks, Kis spent nearly 20 years as the co-owner, president and ceo of EDventure Holdings where she was publisher of Release 1.0, the information technology’s premier monthly report on emerging trends which helped guide and disseminate many of the breakthroughs that today’s tech users take for granted. She was executive producer of PC Forum, which year after year brought start-up innovators together with the industry’s most powerful leaders. PC Forum regularly reshaped the technology landscape by introducing innovations such as LinkedIn, Flickr, AOL and ICQ (the original instant messaging technology).
Kis has worked on numerous technology-related initiatives and is a regular speaker at industry events, including most recently, Startup Grind Toronto and SxSW Interactive in Austin. She holds an MBA from NYU’s Stern School of Business and a BA in history from Hampshire College.
professional and peer-based platforms, content media, education technology, digital health, subscription-based services.
Thought partnering with young companies to turn their ideas into products and companies. Helping existing companies develop new products and build users. Passionate about growing diversity in funding opportunities and in teams.
- Vice President/Design Director for internal creative teams in SF and NYC at JPMorganChase
- Mobile/UX/Digital Design at AMEX and CNBC.com
- Prior: Founder/Owner of UKDesigns (Clients included: Time Inc. NBC, Young and Rubicam, TheStreet.com, Truveris, Johnson and Johnson and various of startups);
- Digital Art Director at LifetimeTV; Senior Designer CNBC.com and MSNBC.com
- Digital Media and Communication Degree (NYU)
- Graphic Design Degree (Humboldt University)
Mentoring FocusDesign/UX Fundamentals/Principles/Best Practices • Creative Process • Creative Strategy and Scalability
Creative Team Management & Leadership • Creative Strategy • End-to-End User Experience Strategy • Efficient Workflow Management • Seamless user centered design translations across different products/platforms and solutions
James Kollegger is CEO of Genesys Partners, Inc. a venture capital/investment banking firm that specializes in early stage infotech deals. Genesys follows a jewel-in-the-rough strategy with a strong hands-on approach to its portfolio companies. In its 20-years-plus history, Genesys has helped launch, fund and advise dozens of early stage companies such as Wave Systems (Nasdaq WAVX), Hollywood Stock Exchange, Courtroom Connect, Enkata, IFN, Ingram Entertainment, Folio, Hot Office, Solbright, and Knovel. Jim is one of the pioneers of the digital information industry who helped build the Information Industry Assn.,(now SIIA) which named him their first “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 1987. He was founder and CEO of EIC/Intelligence, one of the industry’s first database publishers, sold to Reed Elsevier in 1988.EIC pioneered online systems in high tech markets from environment, energy, to biotech, artificial intelligence and telecommunications. Jim was awarded this year’s SIIA Peter Jackson Innovation Award which honors the late Thomson Reuters chief scientist, and his profound impact on the B2B publishing industry. Genesys is based in New York’s Union Square area, the original Silicon Alley. He is a graduate of Boston University’s College of Communications and the U.S.Army Signal School and has served as a board member of numerous ventures.
- Strategic planning and critical path thinking
- Business planning and financial forecasting
- Organizational development
- Marketing and Public relations
- Fund raising
- Investment banking
- Human capital development
- Strategic partnering
- Board leadership
To help strategize and shape young technology ventures to success in the marketplace; leveraging firsthand knowledge of strategies and tactics developed in the course of founding several successful ventures, as well as mentoring and directing dozens of startups.
To help small companies with big ideas achieve them.
- Co-Founder & CEO, BrainTracer, LLC
- CEO in Residence, Canterbury Road Partners
- Country Manager, SSA & Company
- New Business Development, RCBG
- Consultant, Accenture
- Corporate experience in Marketing, M&A, Private Equity, Operations, Project Management at Lucent
- Technologies, Allianz, AGF
- MBA in Economics and Strategic Management, University of Chicago Booth School of Business (USA)
- MSc in Business and Economics, ICN School of Management (France)
- Studied BWL (business science), Universit?t des Saarlandes (Germany)
- Assessments and Diagnostic
- Strategic Planning and Sales & Marketing
- Operations (Six Sigma, Quality, Lean, Process Improvement)
- U.S. startup culture and ecosystem (Lean Startup)
- Healthcare & Technology
Building strong teams that will succeed professionally and enjoy themselves personally Create learning opportunities and business potential between US and German companies, especially startups
- Data-driven Media and Tech
- Content-focused Networks
- Ad-driven Internet
Gerry Mintz is an experienced senior operating executive and advisor. He has a proven track record of accelerating revenue and profit growth for B2B information services and enterprise software companies, particularly in the financial services industry. He has successfully grown global businesses both organically and via acquisition, and has worked with a wide range of companies, including large public and private companies, mid-market firms, and startups. He has extensive experience working with venture capital and private equity firms and their portfolio companies and is also a seasoned Corporate Director, having served on the boards of both private and public corporations.
- Managing Partner, Percepta Partners LLC – Strategic Advisory with Information Business focus
- CEO, PerTrac Financial Solutions – Global PE-backed financial information/software provider
- President, Executive Programs, Gartner – Specialty programs for C-Suite Technology Executives
- Executive VP, Global Head of Enterprise Solutions, Reuters, Inc.
- Chairman/CEO, FAME Information – PE-backed Big Data & Analytics Solutions Provider
- Thomson Financial – Divisional President, American Banker/Bond Buyer, Asset-Backed Securities Group; EVP for M&A and Organic Start-Up Initiatives
- BSc Electrical Engineering; MASc & Ph.D in Electrical Engineering (Biomedical)
- Companies who leverage new technologies and business models to deliver disruptive solutions to businesses and consumers, especially Information & Enterprise Software providers offering data, analytics, workflow automation with Network Effect potential
- Getting Product & Market strategy right – testing alternatives; creating Minimum Viable Product to get to market, adapting quickly to market feedback
- Agility – scaling the business once core product proposition gains traction
- Team building and alignment – managing rapid growth
Helping companies develop, refine and implement innovative solutions to disrupt existing business and consumer processes by leveraging the latest technologies and business models, then scaling their businesses to capture the market opportunity
- Managing Partner at Fusion Marketing, LLC.
- Chief Marketing Officer – Equinox Fund Management – Hedge Fund of Funds VP – Strategy and Organizational Development, NRG Energy, Inc.
- Founder, KHMorgan & Associates
- 6 years in Frankfurt am Main and 2 years in London, with young children
- Braxton Associates, The Wilkerson Group, Coopers & Lybrand
- Analyst in strategy for sale subsidiaries at BMW AG
- Princeton University, AB, cum laude, rugby, ice hockey
- The Tuck School at Dartmouth, MBA, peer elected for Dean Search Committee
- Marketing Strategy
- Branding and Creative
- Marketing Execution and Measurements
- Business Planning
Intersection of product and customer, Strategic prioritization for initial success and then for scale. Strategic messaging delivered to optimal target.
Effective education, children, yoga, skiing, combining healthy careers and healthy families.
Oliver Muhr is Chief Operating Officer (COO) and General Manager of SunGard Private Equity businesses, based in SunGard’s New York City office and responsible for the strategic direction and management of the businesses. Prior his current role, he was Chief Operating Officer and General Manager of SunGard’s MarketMap financial and energy market data solutions and services businesses.
Prior to this, he was responsible for launching the MarketMap business in the US and worked as an Analyst to the CEO in the office of SunGard’s president and CEO focusing on value creation, corporate strategy, multiple global M&A transactions from start-ups with a single-digit $ million Enterprise Value up to $700 million in Enterprise Value and SunGard’s $11.3 billion Private Equity LBO, back then the biggest Private Equity technology buyout in history.
Prior to SunGard, Oliver worked for KPMG Consulting in Munich, Germany, and Chicago, USA where he managed consulting and client engagements across the US, Germany, Switzerland and Austria in the high technology sector.
- Enterprise Software
- Financial Services / FinTech / Big Data
- Go To Market
- Value Creation
- Sales & Sales Execution
Growing and scaling awesome ideas and transforming them into revenue generating, global businesses
- Digital Innovation
- User Experience
- Digital Strategy
- Web Design
- Online Marketing
- Germany/U.S. Business
Joe Rhyne has more than 25 years of experience in the electronic publishing and allied industries. His most recent position was the senior vice president of technology for The Thomson Corporation where he was chairman of the Thomson chief technology officer council, and was responsible for organizing technology efforts throughout Thomson. Prior to his joining Thomson, Mr.Rhyne was vice president and general manager of business information services (BIS) for Lexis-Nexis. Prior positions have included vice president of market data services for Quotron Systems, Inc., and corporate vice president, operations and systems planning, for Paine Webber. He also gained national account and market management experience with AT&T Long Lines.
Mr. Rhyne served in the United States Army for five years, with three years working in project management for the development of tactical command and control systems. He has a BS in Engineering from the United States Military Academy, an MS in Computer Science from Fairleigh Dickinson University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School (Baker Scholar).
Business and Market Strategy and Execution in early stage technology based businesses that are using technology for innovation. Growing and scaling business start-ups, and helping to understand how to work with large and small companies.
Advising and mentoring early stage companies.
Roswitha Rodrigues is founding partner and creative director of Magical Monkey, an award winning Visual Branding company located in NYC. Roswitha has been responsible for the conception, branding and developing of a visual language for many successful national and international companies, including Rheingold Brewing Company, MovieFone, The Hebrew Home at Riverdale, Kingsborough Community College, Pace University, Harper Collins, Gym Source, Scholastic, Baruch College, Arm & Hammer, BB Promotions, Legal Resources Centre South Africa, San-Ei Gen, Tessera, Digital Optics Corporation and Jatheon Technologies, to name a few.
With a business degree with a concentration in advertising, management and philosophy, and two decades of hands-on strategy conception and creative implementation experience, Roswitha has been recognized for developing impactful visual brands across a wide variety of industries. She has shared her approach as speaker and in workshops at conferences in the US, Europe, South America and Asia. Her work has received numerous awards, including Regional and National NCMPR Paragon Awards, ProMax, Graphis, HOW, American Graphic Design and Advertising Women of New York Awards, among many others.
Besides working with Magical Monkey, Roswitha has been teaching Graphic Design Portfolio and Visual Branding at the School of Visual Arts in New York since 1997.
Opportunity Assessment, Positioning and Brand Strategy Development; Brand Creation; Visual Literacy and Non-Verbal Communication Awareness; Presentation Training
Demystifying and harnessing the power of visual branding for small companies and start-ups.
- Co-founder of SpaceWorks, an eCommerce company which grew to ~$25 million in 4 years
- PR Counsel at America Online, handling company name change and IPO road show
- Marketing leader at United Press International, facilitating a turn-around strategy
- Startup team at LEXIS/NEXIS, co-founding successful new division and product line
- Focus on B2B software companies
- Provide Strategic Marketing expertise, including Plan development & execution
- Advise on re-positioning and re-messaging to focus on value of solutions
- Offer experience on when and how to start effective PR campaigns
- Deliver input on how to leverage conferences & speaking engagements
- Suggest ways to avoid time-wasting and money-wasting activities
- Working with smart, energetic company founders
- Showing a path to scaling sales & marketing to hit revenue targets
- Assisting with raising market awareness and investor interest
- Director of Business Development and Manager of Online Software Business Unit for Avanquest Software
- CEO of askSam Systems (Pioneer in Free-Form Database Technology)
- Co-founded or assisted in startup of 8 companies in different technology areas over the past 30 years.
- Lived and worked in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and France
- BA in Political Science, Swarthmore College
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Marketing Execution and Measurements
- Optimizing Marketing Funnel
- Business Planning
Winning, enjoying life, and promoting world peace… and using data to create better products and increase sales.
- Direct-to-Consumer Strategy
- Digital/E-commerce Strategy
- Growth Strategy
Klaus-Peter Statz joined the Deutsche Telekom Group in 1984. From 1997 until 2013 he held several executive positions in the U.S., for the last 9 years serving as President & CEO. During his tenure he built up the current corporate and wireline/IT/wholesale structure of Deutsche Telekom’s U.S. operations. He also built up and managed the company’s business development and R&D functions, including the Silicon Valley outpost of Deutsche Telekom Laboratories. In addition, he served on the Board of Directors of T-Venture USA, Deutsche Telekom’s venture capital entity.
As President of ADIM LLC, Klaus-Peter advises telecommunications companies on business development projects. He is also a fine art photographer.
Klaus-Peter studied Law in Mannheim, Germany. He is a dual citizen (German/American) and lives in New York.
Corporate Functions (Workforce Management, Finance, Taxes, Transfer Pricing, Legal, IT), Corporate Strategy, Business Development
- Product Development
- CEO, Mojiva Inc
- CFO, TargetSpot
- CPO, Hachette Filipacchi Media
- CFO, Cellfish Media
- VP/General Manager, Business Innovator Group, Gruner+Jahr (Bertelsmann)
- VP/Business Development, Gruner+Jahr USA
- MBA, Baruch College
- MA Economics, University of Paris-IX-Dauphine
- team building and growing organizations
- building market leaders
- Operations & Business Development
- Finance & Sales
- Global Marketplaces
- Strategic Planning
Warren J. Wilson specializes in innovation and growth strategies at the intersection of digital marketing, content and technology. He has recently built, launched, funded and scaled five high-profile startups in five years, including Omnicom’s digital agency, Sparks & Honey (Ad Age Top 10 Agency to Watch in 2015) where he was Creative Strategy Officer, and Reelio, now the world’s leading video influencer marketing platform, where he was Chief Strategy Officer. All of his clients have enjoyed exponential revenue growth or have been acquired within 2 years.
Warren is a founding parter of the invitation-only INSIDE Mediatech innovation summit, originally in NYC and now in Shanghai, Tel Aviv and other global cities, bringing together thought-leader CEOs from NBC, Virgin Mobile, 360i, Hearst Media, SONY with retailers and tech innovators such as eBay, Otto Group, demandware, Harry’s Shaves, Placemeter and many others.
Prior to founding Warren J. Wilson Associates in 2000, Warren was a business development and marketing executive at R/GA producing award-winning work for brands and retailers such as Pepsi, United Airlines and American Express. He is passionate about working with people who share a drive to make an impact and create things that do not yet exist in the world.